Tuesday, May 17, 2011

WEEKLY ART SHOW

For this week, the art show I attended was Extravaganza 2011 at the Harder Stadium on the campus of UCSB. It was a total blast. I have been to many of concerts in my day but I had never been to a concert with such a unique blend of artists and genres. The crew I went with was my one friend Ryan and my other friend Trevor. After I got in successfully, the other two had a little trouble but no doubt, made their way in the concert. The concert was a huge event and had more than two thousand kids attending to see some of the most popular music of our present day. The first band was a laid back reggae rock band called The Expendibles. I love this band and their unique style of blending genres of music together to have the widest audience. The second artist to perform was the rapper Talib Kwali from my hometown, Queens, New York. I have been a fan of his since his first soundtracks with artist Mos Def in the group called Black Star. Not only did I see one of my favorite artists, but at my own school was a trip. The last artist I stayed for was called Rusko, the infamous dubstep techno artist. I am not a huge fan of techno, but his performance was amazing and more loud than any artist I've seen in the past. The reason I attended this event is because of the large scale of the concert, the venue, the price, and the experience. Extravaganza was a huge success in my eyes and I can't wait till next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment