Friday, May 6, 2011

FLASH MOBB

When I first heard of the idea of the flash mob as we watched random videos in class, the first things to pop in my head were roller discos, food fights, or huge limbo lines.

As most of the people in class wanted to do the flash mob on campus, I had some original plans of my own that detoured from the average. My first idea was to take everyone from our class to the down town skatepark, give everyone a set of roller blades, put everyone in some 80's style clothing, and have a roller disco in the middle of the park. As a skateboarder myself, I hate roller bladers, roller blades, and everything else associated with this counter sub culture sport to skateboarding. With this loath of roller bladders, I thought of this idea because I know it would get the most reaction out of the audience. If I was at the park that day and someone flash mobbed the skatepark, I know the reaction I would have and the reaction my friends would have, complete disgust and laughter. I think that this idea is absolutely genius if we could some how manage to get everyone on roller blades without breaking any bones.

The second idea I had was to have a massive food fight break out in an instant. With everyone's alarms set for a specific time, I think it would be great to have everyone in the class sit in random spots of the quad or cafeteria and break out in an all out food fight. I think this idea would be especially good because I honestly think that people around the mob would get a reaction to fight or flight. I could picture myself there now, hopping up on the table only to be smothered in ketchup or some kind of peanut butter jelly combo. I think that this idea comes with consequences like cleaning up and possibly dangering someone, but that's what its all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment