Monday, May 2, 2011

SEQUENCE NARRATIVE PROPOSAL

As one of my favorite artists is Andy Warhol, my goal is to replicate one of his works like the one of Marylin Monroe. The silk screen to the right is one my favorite pieces by Andy as the color changes change the mood entirely of each frame. My goal would to have my own face in replace of Marylin with the same style of painting and changing colors around. My first idea was to have four picture identical to one another like this one but with different colors.

My second idea was to have the same style of art as this except for each frame have a different photo of myself to shed light on a sequence narrative. To have four different photos with four different color patterns, I believe that my art would have a great effect in conveying a narrative simply through facial expressions or different coloration to give emphasis on emotion. To have on photo bright like the top left, then having a dark one next to it and so one, I believe would make a great piece of art.

Last but not least, I wanted to replicate this piece of art or one like it with my mothers face replacing Marylin's. To give a sequencial narrative of her life, I believe it would be very interesting to replace her photo with various pictures of my mother in different times of her life. To have different color patterns for different phases of her life would give a great narrative of her life as she grew older. No matter what I decide to do for this assignment, I know that a sequencial narrative could be shown through images like that of Andy Warhol's silk screens.

No comments:

Post a Comment