Monday, May 2, 2011

FAVORITE ARTIST; ANDY WARHOL

One of my favorite artists is Andy Warhol. I love Warhol for his colorful, pop art and strange sense of art subjects.
When I was in the third grade I won my first art contest with a replica of Andy's Cambell Soup paintings. I loved that piece by Andy because of its simplicity and bizarre focus on canned soup. Another reason I think Andy Warhol is my favorite artist is because of the scene he was engulfed in and the following he had behind him. As a classical rock and roll enthusiast, I love Velvet Underground and the art they made from Andy's influence. After watching documentaries of Andy Warhol, and the the crazy life style he lived, I can only hope to one day be as famous as Andy Warhol, as well as respected as an artist. No matter what kind of medium of art some one maybe into, Andy Warhol is well known for his unique approach at pop art and the music industry.

After watching the Doors movie, featuring Val Kilmer, I have to say that Andy Warhol is my favorite artist just on account of his stance in the social hierarchy. Andy Warhol was looked up to by some as a revolutionist and even a god. With his strange looks in fashion and art, I have to admit that Andy is one of the all time best artists of my time and will forever go down in history for his various works with the popular media.

No comments:

Post a Comment