Friday, April 22, 2011

WEEK FOUR CRIT RESPONSE

In response to the critique yesterday in class, I was very fond of some projects and disliked others. If i could pick one project that I considered weak was the piece done on the game Mind Craft. As most people in the class confessed something personal like being raped, losing a loved one, or fearing the loss of someone, this project was lame as it confessed his video game obsession. I suppose that the drafting of a video game is hard and takes hours on end, but in my opinion the amount of input did not equate to the majority of the class that seemed lost and bored by his presentation.


Not to sound conceded, but the reaction and analysis of my work was the favorite of the day. I love to draw, paint, and most other medias to work with, and love to hear the amount of stuff people can explain from purely an artwork done by myself. Where as some projects went on and on without any response in the end, I favored my confession the best as it stirred up the most ideas and opened up the class room for a wide variety of discussion. One thing is for me to enjoy making art and hanging it up in my house, but to hear but rant on and on about all these different meanings and symbolism amazes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment