Monday, April 11, 2011

THREE PROPOSALS

One idea I had for a project on self identity is taking a self portrait with misfits style face paint like a skeleton face with skeletons hands with a black screen behind me. One thing I noticed about myself that is different than most people I know in Santa Barbara is the interest I have in 80's punk music and rock and roll. When I rolled up to my new apartment with an Iron Maiden and Misfits poster, I could tell right away the different music tastes my new roommates had was much different. By taking a self portrait of myself as one of the Misfits band members in costume, it will give be a confession of my music interests that represents where I'm from and my genre of music. 

Another idea I had was to take a self portrait of myself at some skatepark or skate spot looking at the camera rather than the ground and my feet. To confess to the world about my favorite hobby and sub-culture following, having a self portrait of myself in action could give a hint the audience my physical ability that accounts for the only reason I'm remotely in shape these days. Where as you see tons of kids running along the beach or biking on the cycles at the recreation center on campus, having this portrait is a way to confess my way of exercise and personal past time.
One last idea I had to confess something personal about myself through a portrait was taking a photo at the beach or some local spot I'm always at and taking a picture with all my friends that live up here. The only thing I want to do to manipulate this image to give a hint of a confession I have is having all my buddies stand forward and then having myself standing backwards or in some other position to display something about myself that is different than them. I think the main problem about societies in conflict is the differences we have; emphasizing them to me is a confession in itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment