Thursday, April 14, 2011

HAPPIEST MOMENT

         One confession I have to admit as one the happiest moments of my life was last year during this time. As I was a horrible student in high school, my parents were extremely disappointed when I didn't even have the grades to apply to any college worth attending.
          At the point of high school graduation at Mira Costa High, my mom urged me to go to community college and get my life on track to further myself and my education. With her ideology of moving up the social hieracrhy through the education system behind my back giving me the influence I needed, I entered El Camino College with high ambitions. Everyday for two years I commuted to that school with high hopes of following the traditional plan of acquiring my needed credits and transferring to a better school. As most people I know haven't made it out of community college in two years I hoped to beat the odds.
          The happiest moment of my life was during the end of my time at Community College as admission letters came in. I applied to around five schools all at my parents suspense. As I waited on edge to get a letter back saying I was in or not, the news finally arrived; I had been granted admission to UCSB. As happy I was to think I was moving on and actually accompluished my goal, the one hundred percent happiest moment was when my parents arrived home from work to hear the news. One thing that makes me the most happy is making my parents proud. At sight of the letter, my mother began to cry as my dad picked me up and twirled me around the room. That moment in our living room that day was the happiest moment as I finally proved to my loved ones I could do it, I could change into the person they wanted me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment