Tuesday, April 19, 2011

CONFESSION CRIT

In response to today's class, I found most the projects to be extremely poignant and powerful in meaning. One piece that I enjoyed the most was the project done by Andrea. As she brought out her materials for the class everyone looked and stared with curiosity of what this random assortment of objects could mean. As she laid out a salad dinner with a glass of water, candles, a pile of sand, and silverware wrapped in a letter to her Father, I was uncertain what her confession was until she read the letter to her dad. I could immediately pick up how hard it was for her to talk about and read this poignant letter as she began to tear up and shake as she went on. As her letter went on, I put the pieces together realizing her confession was the fear she has relating to her Father's health habits with eating that led to his heart attack. I could sense the confession was real and heart felt as half the class joined her in crying. I felt this piece was definitely the most though and emotion provoking.

On the other hand, there were other presentations I thought could have been improved to have the same powerful effect as Andrea's project. One project in particular was the confession of wanting to learn the techno dance. At the same time that the project displayed a new learned talent that might be hard to do, the presentation seemed a little random and not as deep of a confession. While some people displayed their inside fears and secrets, the piece about shuffling seemed a little random and out of place. To improve it, I would have had a better setting for the dance including lights, video media in the background, and a better platform to do the dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment