Wednesday, April 27, 2011

READER ROBERT RAUSCHENBERG

          Robert Rauchenberg is yet another artist that used non-traditional materials in his work. Just like Duchamp, Robert Rauchenberg used these materials in innovative ways to promote though among the viewer. The thing I found most interesting about Robert Rauchenberg is not only his use of non-traditional materials in his work, but the source of these materials. Rauchenberg often took pieces of trash and useless items off the street home with him only to later incorporate these things into his work. Rauchenberg's quote on this subject sums up his ideals as an artist, " I wanted something other than what I could make myself and I wanted to use the surprise and the collectiveness and the generosity of finding surprises. And if it wasn't a surprise at first, by the time I got through with it, it was. So the object itself was changed by its context and therefore it became a new thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment